In an effort to put a little more discipline in my life (baby steps here, folks) and to attempt to stay focused on the good stuff (I've been drifting a bit this week), I have decided to try to keep up with two weekly posts on Wednesdays and Fridays regardless of what other time I have for posting during the week. Following in the tradition of other bloggers, I will have a Wordless Wednesday post to simply post pictures and on Fridays I am going to thank God for it being the end of the week and whatever other things I am currently feeling grateful for. Today I am thankful for....
1. the sun. After days and days of miserable, cold, dreary rain, the sun is FINALLY making a sparkly appearance this morning above all the leaves that are just starting to change colors. Lovely and much needed.
2. coffee. The caffeine helps when I am dragging in the morning and especially this week when it's warmth is much appreciated in my chilly house. Still, the thing I think I appreciate the most about a cup of coffee is its slowness. Mornings since school started up are all about rushing and nagging the boys to get ready and bustling around to get us all out the door and across the street for the bus stop. But you can't guzzle coffee when it's hot and that savory sipping is something to give me pause amidst the rush.
3. a best friend that rocks. There were a few years of ebb and flow, Meg. But for several years now it seems to just be back to flow. God knew just what he was doing with us somehow. A dangerous combination at times, but I suppose He knew it was worth it. Your friendship goes beyond friendship. I guess you are just another part of me (a part that lives too far away). I need you forever and ever .....
4. a weekend that is supposed to be cool and sunny, just like a fall weekend should be, and a chance to spend time with Michael and tackle some things on the list. Those curtains on the garage windows have GOT to GO!
5. my kids laughing out loud to Tom and Jerry cartoons. I always think television has to be pretty funny to make you belly-laugh out loud. Tom and Jerry do that for my boys and it makes me want to park my bum out there and watch with them
6. Ellerie dancing her little heart out to any music that she hears. she really has some moves, it's not all just bouncing her bum. So You Think You Can Dance 2025, here we come! ;-)
7. our families, who have been BEYOND supportive during this whole business with our houses and it isn't over yet and I am just so thankful for their generosity to us in so many ways.
Blessings and a happy weekend to you all!