Well, I missed Friday, but here is my thankful list:
1. A lovely visit from my Mom yesterday. The kids and I enjoyed seeing her so much and I was bestowed with some "new" clothes (thanks Mama!), a frozen turkey breast, and a helper so fantastic with a slow pitch that I was able to clean out my van... no small task!
2. Sunshine, sun sunny sunshine and gorgeous fall weather!
3. A miscalculation on a self-made pattern for a raglan sleeve t-shirt that ended up leading to this green cardigan for Ellerie (made from a cut up sweater of mine that had a big hole in it). Granted the neck is a little tight and the sleeves are so long they should fit until she is 4, but I still love that it goes with everything and was FREE!
4. My new quilt rack (sorry no picture) that is serving as towel bars in my bathroom that was previously without towel bars. Oh happy five dollar find!
5. This quote that was in my brief devotions the other day by Jeremy Taylor: "They have not taken away my merry countenance, my cheerful spirit, and a good conscience; they have left me with the providence of God, and all His promises..... my hopes of Heaven, and my charity to them, too, and still I sleep and digest, I eat and drink, I read and meditate. And he that hath so many causes of joy, and so great should never choose to sit down upon his little handful of thorns." Oh, I do so want to possess such a spirit.
6. The hope for some sewing this week. We still need so many curtains all over the place. I have some gift sewing that ought to be done and I have been asked to make something (or things) special for an auction to raise money for a great organization (GTD) run by my SIL's boyfriend.
Happy weekend everyone!