Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Laurie

So here is my other recent project, and one that I actually managed to FINISH!  Today is mike's sister's birthday and I can safely publish the photos now as I know she has received her package.  I am happy with the way it turned out...again, don't look too closely, but these tiny photos look GREAT!  It's a very simple, lined tote....maybe about 18x12 inches?  I am terrible at actually measuring these kinds of things.  I just eyeball everything, not something I highly recommend unless you want to make good friends with a seam ripper.  It's big enough to throw in a wallet, sunscreen, water, snack and a book for the beach...perfect for my Floridian sister-in-law.


The applique is a cutout from the lining fabric and the easy loop closure is around another fabulous vintage button from Nana Jean.


The lining has a good sized pocket, but I wish I had noticed that I placed it on the far side of the bag, rather than the side closest to the carrier.  I threw together a small bag with this same material for my other SIL before the wedding and I did the same thing.   Oh well, it may not be perfect, but it's one of a kind!


1 comment:

beemahoney said...

you bag wizard you! Love it. (as usual)