We got rid of our microwave awhile ago. I have since been mostly living without popcorn (I KNOW, I KNOW!!!) as I no longer have an air-popper and never have good luck with jiffypop (aside from it being stupidly expensive). Thanks to my friend, Deb, I NOW know how to make it in a pot! Just in case I am not the last person on earth to learn how to make cheap and delicious popcorn on the stovetop, I wanted to share my latest love.
1. preheat empty saucepan over medium heat for about 5 minutes
2. coat bottom of pan thinly with olive oil
3. cover bottom of pan with one layer of popcorn kernels
4. cover pan with properly fitted lid
5. shake occasionally during popping, wait for popping to slow or lid to come off!
6. pour in a bowl and season to your liking. yum!
We made ours tonight with my other new love:
Vanilla Honey Lemonade
1 cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed or in the bottle)
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup HOT water
Mix all ingredients. Stir. Add cold water to make 2 quarts. Pour over ice. Double yum!
Finally, add to the popcorn and lemonade, a movie of your choice and call it dinner. Happy Friday Night....