I've been tagged by Joanie at Nini Makes for "6 nonessential things about me." I hardly know where to begin as there are so many random and insignificant little tidbits I could throw out there: I started to go gray at 26, my right ear is bigger than my left, I hate to have my picture taken, I have a terrible memory. This is really making me do some serious self examination! ;-) Well, here goes....
1. I have the legs of a 5 year old. Sadly, I do not mean that they are lean and straight and smooth. Nope. They constantly look as if I have been climbing trees and falling off my bike, covered in scrapes and bruises and scars. Even more sadly, they do not end up this way because I have been doing anything fun like climbing trees or riding a bike.
2. I hate almost all condiments. Butter or cheese are the only "always" acceptable toppings and it wasn't until college that I even was willing to try salad dressing or dips of any kind.
3. I am TERRIBLE at multitasking. There is almost nothing in the world that causes me more stress than juggling several things at once. I much prefer to focus on one thing at a time, finish it and move on. This is sort of a problem with being a stay-at-home mommy of three babes 5 and under.
4. I love to read, but have barely read anything (for myself) in the last 5 years. When I get lost in a book (or series of books), I am almost literally depressed when it ends and often miss the characters. This happened with Anne Shirley as a child and with Bridget Jones as an adult.
5. My mother's ancestry has been traced to a town in Sweden and my father's to a town in Norway that are only about 60 miles apart.
6. I have always (from a very young age) secretly wished I were British. Often my favorite books were set in England (think PL Travers, CS Lewis, AA Milne) and as I got older I learned to adore the accent and terminology. How much more fun to push a pram or run to the loo or hang your knickers on the line! It is still the place that I want to visit most in the world. Joanie, do you take in boarders? ;-)
Hmmm.. now I suppose I am supposed to tag others. I don't think I have enough readers to do so....at least not commenting readers! Think I'll just leave this for now.....