Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What More Can I Say About Me?

One of the best things about starting this blog has been all the incredible ladies I am meeting and, even better, the handful of them that are turning into real friends. It has been terribly fun learning that blogs I am attracted to reading are written by bloggers who are like me in many ways.... sometimes in really odd ways. I recently learned that my gal Heather over at Simply Feather was also a jumper for track and field in a previous life (by which I mean, high school.) And, in the same post, she bestowed another fab award on me.


Thank you, dear! Truly I am flattered. Part of my requirement here is to share more random bits about myself and I am nothing if not random, so I am fraught with possibilities. It seems I should try to keep my randomness different from the first time and the last time I was called upon to do this, just in case any of you are dying to know MORE about me. So, here goes:

1. I went to school for (and hold a BA in) secondary education- English. I never taught and ended up working for several years in a dental office after college.

2. I love OLD Barbara Streisand movies. Think "Funny Girl," "What's Up Doc?" or "Hello Dolly"

3. Yesterday I made the best oatmeal raisin cookies I have ever tasted. Really. I am totally digging Smitten Kitchen.



4. I can pop my right shoulder out of it's socket, but it's not as easy as it was at 15.

5. I have a long, very blonde hair that grows out of the center of my forehead. I pluck it then forget about it until I catch it in a certain light and there it is in all it's 1 inch glory. It makes me think of the Zeds from Dr. Seuss's One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. I'm so glad it's blonde.

6. This morning I was contacted by Susan Anderson to say that I had won her recent giveaway for the cookbook "Mad Hungry" by Lucinda Quinn. Although, I don't love to cook, I get inspired with trying new things and new recipes and this book interests me. I think it will come in handy when my boys are 6'2" teenagers!

7. I know all the lyrics to Vanilla Ice's "Ice, Ice Baby." Karaoke anyone?

As usual, I'm not going to tag anybody, but play long in the comments if you like... I'd love to hear YOUR randomness....

7 comments:

Sherrie said...

Some randomness? Hmmm:
1) I started college at GCC for secretarial degree, hated it, dropped out, went to college in Florida and have my Associates degree in Interior Design, LOVED it. I have been a secretary for 22 years.
2) I love to cook, especially for other people!

3) Have 3 kids, wish I had more.

4) Would Kareoke REO Speedwagon songs with you!

5) Have been married for 25 years (this July) to the guy I first saw when I was 10 and said I am going to marry him!

6)Am still looking for my purpose in life at 45, wishing God would reveal that to me!
That's probably enough info!

Nicola said...

i love it! i will try and come back to add randomness!

so glad we are friends. did i ever tell you i found you through a comment over at blue yonder, which i found through some other blog i can't remember?

nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

joanie said...

I LOVE oatmeal and raisin cookies, except without the raisins and WITH chocolate chips ;)

Is that random?

Okay one more, I knocked my front teeth out when I was 8 racing a friend downhill on bicycles, my teeth were fixed.

Okay last one. I knocked my teeth out again when I was 9, again while riding a bicycle.

Happy Tuesday :)

feather said...

yo.
alright stop. collaborate and listen.
ice is back with a brand new invention.
something.
grabbed a hold of my tightly.
flows like a harpoon.
daily and nightly.

will it ever stop?
yo, i don't know. turn off the lights and i'll glow.

shall i stop now? more than just jumping, huh?

Alice JEans said...

Congrats on your wonderful award - after enjoying reading your blog today I can understand just why you deserve it !! I recently got a beautiful blogger award too - it is such a thrill to know that people enjoy something that you do isnt it !!? XX

Theresa said...

OK, I don't know if this is heriditary or what, but... I have the same hair on my forehead. I feel like a unicorn.

Unknown said...

Hm. I have that same hair too...or did. I think I plucked it enough times that it just never came back, which is handy. I do look for it occasionally though, just in case.

I kind of miss it - it always made me laugh!