One of the best things about starting this blog has been all the incredible ladies I am meeting and, even better, the handful of them that are turning into real friends. It has been terribly fun learning that blogs I am attracted to reading are written by bloggers who are like me in many ways.... sometimes in really odd ways. I recently learned that my gal Heather over at Simply Feather was also a jumper for track and field in a previous life (by which I mean, high school.) And, in the same post, she bestowed another fab award on me.
Thank you, dear! Truly I am flattered. Part of my requirement here is to share more random bits about myself and I am nothing if not random, so I am fraught with possibilities. It seems I should try to keep my randomness different from the first time and the last time I was called upon to do this, just in case any of you are dying to know MORE about me. So, here goes:
1. I went to school for (and hold a BA in) secondary education- English. I never taught and ended up working for several years in a dental office after college.
2. I love OLD Barbara Streisand movies. Think "Funny Girl," "What's Up Doc?" or "Hello Dolly"
3. Yesterday I made the best oatmeal raisin cookies I have ever tasted. Really. I am totally digging Smitten Kitchen.
4. I can pop my right shoulder out of it's socket, but it's not as easy as it was at 15.
5. I have a long, very blonde hair that grows out of the center of my forehead. I pluck it then forget about it until I catch it in a certain light and there it is in all it's 1 inch glory. It makes me think of the Zeds from Dr. Seuss's One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. I'm so glad it's blonde.
6. This morning I was contacted by Susan Anderson to say that I had won her recent giveaway for the cookbook "Mad Hungry" by Lucinda Quinn. Although, I don't love to cook, I get inspired with trying new things and new recipes and this book interests me. I think it will come in handy when my boys are 6'2" teenagers!
7. I know all the lyrics to Vanilla Ice's "Ice, Ice Baby." Karaoke anyone?
As usual, I'm not going to tag anybody, but play long in the comments if you like... I'd love to hear YOUR randomness....