Monday, June 21, 2010

Wedding Dolls

Things have been BUSY. Are they ever not? And I am doing so much better than I was a couple of weeks ago. I am way behind in things I want to share in this space, but I'll start with the wedding dolls because I already have the pictures downloaded!

Awhile ago, the Thelma and Louise friend, asked me to make a set of bride and groom dolls for her daughter's wedding. The thought made me VERY nervous and the results are sketchier than I would have liked in some ways, but overall I was really happy with them. Just click on any picture that you'd like to see larger.


I had to change the patterns that I had been using, so they wouldn't have triangle dress bodies. Not so good for the groom, ya know? But I figured it out and that alone felt like a victory.




It was a fun project and incredibly cool thinking of all the little details I could add as I went along. It was really helpful having pics of the real bride and groom to use as inspiration.


Best wishes for the happy couple!

14 comments:

Sherrie said...

Lissa,
We love love love them! Thank you so much for all the time and detail and stress that you put into making these for me. Quinn was so surprised and delighted with them! The bag was the absolute finishing touch. Never doubt your talent! Thank you for hand delivering them too~ (I hope that you did not get into too much trouble with Calvin and had a wonderful time with your sisters.)

blue china studio happy said...

These turned out absolutely adorable! Oh my! What a fun thing to make and definitely to be on the receiving end!

One Photo said...

What a fun project and they turned out just beautifully.

I am very glad to hear you are continuing to feel better.

Melissa Crowe said...

Hooray! Good work, my friend!

Sherrie said...

I printed out the Blog post to put in their wedding scrapbook too :-)

Jen said...

Are you kidding me?! These are ADORABLE. Like, think your new career adorable. Seriously, I'm sure with the amount of time it takes to make them, you would have to charge quite a bit, but I also think people would pay it.

Glad you are doing better!

Nicola said...

So so so cute!
You did a great job!
Nicola

Hullabaloo Homestead said...

Oh my gosh. They are so so sweet! I would have LOVED to get a pair of these made by someone close to me for my wedding. The thought that you put into them and their detail makes them very special indeed!

:)Lisa

Scented Sweetpeas said...

So cute! I am loving the retro tie the groom has and the ladies flower on her dress - such lovely little details.

beemahoney said...

THEY are PERFECT! love them Liss! good for you!

Monked & Fifed said...

these are really sweet!
hope everyone is feeling better...glad to have happened accross your blog.
alison

Baby By The Sea said...

These are so incredible!

So glad I stumbled upon you, your words, your images.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Baby By The Sea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ariella said...

I love these dolls! Beautiful blog you have here!