Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Funk vs. Funky

After 10 days of Amoxicillin, one of Ellerie's ears is still infected. Another expensive doctor visit and another expensive medication.

Something (probably squirrels) has already eaten almost all the beautiful little shoots of corn we had coming up.

The boys and sick Ellie have been overtired and naughtier than usual, and that's saying something.

And, while I can acknowledge that I am grateful to have doctors and medications. And I can acknowledge that most of the rest of the garden looks good. And I can admit that the kids are not being naughty to punish me personally and that they have also had their good and sweet moments. I'm not feelin' it right now.

For a lot of reasons, some real worries and some just big bummers like the above, I am feeling in a bit of a personal funk right now. So I think I'm just going to take this week and check out because I can.

Maybe I can come back feeling a little more funky than funk.

7 comments:

Theresa said...

Hope everything's OK, and at least you can look forward to your big trip to Cleveland next month! ;)

One Photo said...

Hi Elissa - sorry to hear you are having a bad week of it. I am in a real funk myself this week - it just takes a few things to go of course and tip the balance doesn't it. I hope a break will help. Hang on in there, look for the cloud with the silver lining, eventually it will come your way.

Scented Sweetpeas said...

:-( I hate weeks like that, everything just seems to go wrong and you just want to lock yourself away in your room all week. I added a blog award for you on my blog earlier by the way - hope that puts a little smile on your face after a bad week.

blue china studio happy said...

Sorry to hear about your funk. It is always a bummer when it happens. Hope you feel better soon.

Jen said...

I'm in a bit of a funk myself, for many reasons. Hope we can both snap out of it. I had my hubby fix me a rum and coke tonight just because I thought I was gonna have a serious meltdown. (It might help to know I drink maybe 4 times a year).

feather said...

oh, girlfriend! can i bring dinner over? you know, 'cause in a perfect world i live just across the street!

Melissa Crowe said...

You do know it's okay to be in a bad mood sometimes, right? Muck around in it for a few days, and don't apologize.