When I was feeling so discouraged a couple weeks ago, a dear blogging friend lent a listening ear. I so appreciate that. She is the Queen of Journals and one of her suggestions for me was writing down all the things that made me feel good in a day, places where I saw God at work, things that were positive as a way to concretely focus on those things. While I am always terrible with assignments (notice I haven't done "Paint with Me" now for a couple weeks?), I do love this idea. I used to do a little Friday round-up in this space when I first started blogging and I think I'd like to get back to that ritual.
So, without further ado, here are some of the things I am currently thanking God for in my little life:
1. So thankful that I can stay home with my children, in spite of the fighting and the naughtiness and the chaos, I do enjoy them. We have been splashing in the pool, doing jigsaw puzzles in our jammies and reading together. It's a good deal and I wouldn't miss it for anything.
2. Blown away and humbled by my big brother and his wife's incredible generosity.
3. Everyone is recovered from the tummy bug.
4. I was nominated again for a blogging award from Scented Sweetpeas. Thank you! I have met so many brilliant and interesting people doing this blog thing. What a cool community! If I ever get to travel I'll have lots of coffee dates lined up!
5. There are lots of promising little things blooming in the garden and I FINALLY got it weeded! (Apparently all I need to do in the front to get grass to grow is to plant a garden!)
6. Grateful for my safe little house. We felt this earthquake the other day. SO WEIRD. A strange little reminder of Haiti and all that still needs to be done there. A team from my church is joining with another church and going there soon to work. (You can follow them here, if you're interested.)
Wishing everyone a safe, happy and grateful weekend!