Monday, September 21, 2009

Good Mama, Goofball Tate


So, I took the pics today and I am so thrilled because, as usual, Tate was extremely cooperative! ;-) ;-) ;-) Here's Knucklehead's photo shoot:







Oh, those pics say SO much. And, being such a good mama this morning, I laid out both shorts and jeans and told Tate he could choose which ones he wanted to wear to school. What did Pip choose? BOTH. He crammed a biggish pair of shorts under a slimmish pair of jeans and refused any compromises such as removing one or the other, putting the bigger shorts over the jeans, or putting the shorts under looser jeans or sweatpants. NOPE. Laughing and thinking he's very funny the whole time, because he KNOWS this sort of thing makes me nuts, he dug his little heels in and that was that.


Enjoy your year, little man. Next year you'll be off on the bus with Cal and Mama won't be able to whisper to your teachers if you decide to cram shorts under your jeans or want rubber boots the whole day and socks and sandals. You do make me crazy, but I don't really mind. I'm just assuming this is all fodder for your future stand up routines anyway.

4 comments:

feather said...

Well, I'm glad you are feeling like the "good mama" today! I could put my boy's picture in instead of yours and your post would still apply. You read my mind...

Nicola said...

very very cute! both the photo set and the clothing choice! they are so funny at this age!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

beemahoney said...

those are almost jazz hands there at the end, rather than maybe monster hands like he wanted?

beemahoney said...

sorry - can't leave that last picture alone..." and many more!!!!"