Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pink Tinkerbell

The first customer at my Halloween Costume Shoppe appears to be satisfied.


Ellerie recently discovered Disney Fairies and is in love with Tinkerbell. I admit that if it was a toss up between Fairies and Princesses, I'll take the Fairies any day. She, of course, wanted to be Tinkerbell for Halloween, but when I pointed out that Tink wears green, not pink, Elle hedged.


No worries, she would be a PINK Tinkerbell. I love her determination to be both Tink and wear her beloved favorite color. And I love that I got to make a fairy costume.


I used Hillary Lang's instructions for her version at Wee Wonderfuls, all of which were easy and clear, except the waistband. I am still certain that mine is nothing like hers, but it worked and stays together when Pink Tink is twirling which is hugely important! The only thing I purposely changed was attaching the wings with snaps rather than sewing them on. I KNOW I'm going to need to wash this thing at some point....


But, I must admit, the crown is my favorite and all my own doing. It was inspired by this crown I found on Etsy and the grown up versions found at this Etsy site (OH MY!). And, I've made crowns before (1, 2, 3) so the format was easy and I just got to play.


Now I want one.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely little fairy

Sherrie said...

I am in love. And my first thought was "I love the crown best", before I even read the whole thing!

One Photo said...

You know if being a photographer is not what you want to get paid for doing then you could very easily have your own dressmaking/costume making business. Lovely outfit. For people who cannot put thread through a needle like me then the Disney store is the only option - needless to say we are going to be Minnie this year but a Mom made costume is something very special.

Ms. G said...

That is just the sweetest and I am an expert judge of fairy costumes!
I love the originality : )

Jen said...

That is just darling! And that is not a word I ever use, so that should tell you something. She looks so excited with it! I love homemade costumes. My husband made an Edward Scissorhands costume when we were dating, and won a prize for it. He just doesn't have the time anymore.

Nicola said...

Super cute!
and i love your new blog header (a lot!) and the new look. i played with my blog look last night, came up with something almost identical, right down to the color, then changed it. i think you made a good choice. my choice? boring.

Artfulife said...

Oh how I love it! You did an amazing job. Zoe wanted to be a pirate but thought Ariel would be just as dandy. So I'm off to the thrift store to find some tragic sparkly 80's prom dress to use as her fins. This will prove to be an adventure I'm sure. What are your boys going as?