Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Quick Happy Fix

So, I've been really sick of all the brown and gray around here. And we've been FINALLY seeing the sun outside and it's lovely; it really is. Of course, it's also been showing me all the dirt and the scuffed spots on the walls and, in this case, the giant tears in the top of my **ahem** high quality pleather ottoman. Note to self: whenever the itch to buy something new strikes, remember how easily the kids rammed pencils into the top of this inexpensive, but store- purchased, ottoman.


So, whilst chatting it up with my wonder-twin (really, we've got some pretty odd things in common) over at Simply Feather, and discussing how very like dating making a new friend as an adult woman is and what we've done to trick our babies into keeping their diapers on (It was deep I tell you. Deep.), I whipped up a happy fix for the holes and added a little room joy in the process.


Isn't it fab?

The $2.50 orange shoes from SA didn't hurt either.

6 comments:

Artfulife said...

Love it!

feather said...

wonder-twin? where do you come up with this stuff? i mean really? you're crackin' MY can, here! and the playlist? you should already know that it's been on my mind to create one. you know what i know? gol.
the ottoman looks great. bursting with color. look how fabulously that new ottoman makes you more relaxed and makes your kids play nice! can you come do that at my house?

Scented Sweetpeas said...

You have done a lovely job. I do wonder why I buy anything new with the kiddies, puppy, dog and cat in our house - it only frustrates me when they ruin it gggrrrr.

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Aaackk! I don't know which I love more. The ottoman or the shoes.

Nicola said...

the shoes are awesome.
oh, the ottoman cover is, too! ;)
seriously, both are fabulous.
ok, so what is the trick babes keeping their diapers on? i am finding duct tape to be incredibly useful on many fronts around here. :)
nicola
Which Name?

UK lass in US said...

Do you want to come over and cover my leather armchair that my little dears poked a hole in?