Oh guys, you just made my weekend! I LOVED reading all of your responses. I love that I had girls stop by from England to the West Coast and Maine to Down South! It is incredibly fun to me to see a small glimpse into what makes us diverse and what connects us. I definitely want to do this again at some point, because I love this kind of interaction and wish you all just lived around the corner and could stop in for coffee and we could really just share some of our thoughts about anything and everything. And I really and truly wish I could have given a bunch of these away or that I had more time to sneak you all a little something because it has been really fun making these connections. I hope whether you won or not that you'll stick around. Please?
And now, the big announcement: Mr. Random Numbers has chosen our 8th commenter!
A Day that is Dessert said:
1. The thing I love most about myself is my devotion to my children.
2. A place I love and dream of going back to is Valdez, Alaska.
3. I secretly or not so secretly would love to know how to sew.
4. I feel most loved when my children want me to "hold" them.
Congrats Lecia! Just email me your info and I'll be sure Home Studio gets that sweet necklace out to you. You might want to give your hubby a heads up, in case he'd like to get a few more pendants for V-day ;-)
Whew! That was fun!
Now, I suppose I have to follow through with my answers. Brace yourselves, because I imagine this is going to get wordy.
1. What I love best about myself is.....is.....is..... is definitely NOT my ability to make decisions. Man, this one was hard for me. And it wasn't because there were just SO many things that I love that it was hard to narrow it down. Nuts. Chalk "bad self esteem" up on the "what I don't love about myself" list, but what DO I love? So, I've thought and thought about this over the weekend and changed my mind about 20 times, but what I think I really love most about myself is that I am unpretentious. There, I said it. Seems a little oxymoronical (apparently this is not a word, but you get what I'm saying right?), but I LIKE that I don't try to be something I'm not. I like to think (and maybe those of you who know me in real life can at some point confirm this so as to help me with the self-esteem problem) that, with me, it's pretty much what you see is what you get. I love Hemingway, but I am not afraid to tell you that a fluff novel by Janet Evanovich will make me just as happy on the right day. I don't mind admitting that I really like Neil Diamond, even if he's not as hip as Coldplay, but I like them too. I shop at Target, even sometimes (insert wince) Walmart. I'm just as happy watching Tommy Boy as I am watching Big Fish. If we get to hang out, I will not pretend to be smarter, cooler, greener, richer, funnier, more cultured or politically savvy than I am. I'm just me. So, I guess even with all the things I don't like about myself, I like myself enough to be who I am.
2. A place I love and dream of going back to is Costa Rica. And another place is Mackinac Island, and I could probably list a few more (I TOLD you I have trouble making decisions), but I'll stop at coastal Maine. A year and a half ago, Mike had to go to Boothbay Harbor, Maine for work. Baby Girl and I went with him and stayed at this lovely B& B (which is apparently now for sale), visited the Coastal Botanical Gardens (GORGEOUS), made a stop at Portland on the way back. It was just lovely and I want to take the boys and explore the beaches and the fishing industry and eat lobster and go hiking and just have a grand ol' time. I really, really loved it.
3. I secretly would LOVE to know how to surf. As a kid I wanted to BE Gidget. And even though I think I would be terrified of sharks and jellyfish and drowning, there is something about surfing that FASCINATES me. I want to be that chick with the sunbleached hair and the perpetual tan and the great toned body just from waking up every day and riding a board at the beach. I find this dream HYSTERICAL since I live in the frigid NE, hours and hours away from any ocean, so I pretty much think it will go on being a dream, but if any of you all give lessons here... let me know ;-)
4. I absolutely know that I feel the most loved when anyone does something nice for me that I don't expect and sometimes don't even deserve. I'm guessing I don't have to give any examples, because I'm thinking we all know that feeling. In some ways I feel a little like that here... because I don't really know why you all keep coming back, but you do. Whether my content deserves it or not, I am totally feelin' the love.