Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday Thoughts

No, no. This will never do. Not my favorite comfy, warm slippers.



AH... so much better .


Now can I just say that THIS is the ONE and ONLY thing I have to show from last week. That is not to say that I did nothing else. But it is the only thing that I did that stayed done. All three kiddos were on break from school. I think it took us until Friday just to adjust to each other. Back to the same old, same old today. But this, and a lot of other things that happened last week, have me doing a lot of self-evaluating. Probably good and necessary, but hard.

I have always had a hard time being PRESENT. I am always thinking of the NEXT thing, even as I do whatever now is. It makes me impatient on a good day and depressed on a bad one. It makes me rush through some things and avoid others. It makes me constantly see the interruptions and inconveniences because I can't get to C if I haven't done A and B first. It makes me not enjoy taking care of my home and children far too often. It makes my brain a spinning wheel of "To Do" lists that change constantly and are never done.

I don't WANT to do this. I WANT to be calm and focused and fully here. Content to only get one thing done in my week that stays done, as long as I've done those other things with my best work.

3 comments:

Melissa Crowe said...

Well, I love your leaf slipper, and I love you--crazy brain and all. ;-)

Melissa Crowe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ms. G said...

A. first your comment form changed and completely freaked me out because it was not a recognizable step B.That leaf makes the slippers adorable not just warm and comfy. C. What is C again? Oh yeah, It's hard to focus when things do change constantly and catching up never happens. I feel the same way alot but I guess we should allow ourselves a pat on the back for finishing anything!