Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Guess How Old Tate Is?

Tate turned six yesterday. SIX. I've told him he can't be naughty anymore once he's six. Last night he told me that maybe he didn't know he wasn't supposed to be naughty because being six was new him and that he would be sure to act like a good six year old in the morning. We shall see :-)


I love this little knucklehead to pieces even though he is stubborn as the day is long and can get under my skin with his unreasonableness like nobody's business. Oh, that's right. He's six now! Problem solved.

I love that he pretends all day long. I love that he makes up songs and words and stories. I love that he chose to wear to school on his birthday two totally mismatched striped shirts and then layered the plain T over the one with the collar so you couldn't really see it anyway. I love that he is often (when not blinded by some rage over not being able to save his wii game, ahem, or having to wear his pajamas to drop Ellie off at school) very sweet and thoughtful to others, including his siblings. He loves to make cards and to choose the perfect gift for someone else.

I love that yesterday, after he half ate his cake, he made another cake on his plate..


and then decided...


it looked like a hand.


Tate, you're an awesome little dude. Handsome and smart and funny and sweet.

And those lashes? Dude.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday to Tate! What a cute little man. Your "you have to be good when you're six" thing sounds like my "you have to wear underwear when you are 3 thing", and that worked remarkably well! Here's hoping!

Theresa said...

I believe you will have three heartbreakers on your hands in a few years... In the meantime, happy birthday to Tate, and please break the news gently to Ellerie that we had to replace the pink toilet, even though it's wonderful. Fifty-six years is long enough of a service record for a toilet.

Ms. G said...

Happy 6 to Tate! I was already thinking "those eyes" and then the Lashes! Seriously Dude: )

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Dude. The lashes are killing me.

Happy Birthday little man!

Nicola said...

Happy happy 6 little man! You are a cutie!
Nicola