Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Independence Day


Our holiday weekend was really good. It was splashing in the pool, cookout food with Nana and Papa and Grandma Betty, playing catch with Daddy and sugary drinks. It was Slip-n-Slide at Grandma and Grandpa's, it was lots of candy scored from the town parade. The boys walked in the parade with their baseball teams and that was all pretty fun too. It was also really hot. I got lots of great pictures; I just don't have the energy to upload them and organize my thoughts. My (indoor, mind you) thermostat currently (8:26 pm) says 90. It topped out at 92 a couple hours ago. That's just the first floor. Thank God there's a break from baseball this week and thank God we asked the previous owners to leave those old window air conditioners for upstairs! I think I'll just go sweat myself to sleep now and then head over to my sister's pool tomorrow. It's too hot to think. Thursday we leave for a long weekend in Cleveland, OH to visit some family. Should be good. Should be slightly less hot. I should be able to put together an organized thought of some sort by the time we get back.

Hmmm... four days of "vacation" with my kids. Maybe not. ;-)

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Should definitely be less hot, especially at night - your cousin has central air and an extremely low tolerance for sweating. Speaking of, we have an old (well, not that old, but unused) window a/c that we got when the old a/c was not performing up to par. Remind me, and it's yours if you guys want it...

One Photo said...

Hi Elissa

I am glad to hear you had such a wonderful 4th of July weekend, despite the heat. Enjoy your vacation trip also.

Jen said...

I know what you mean. It is too hot to think. But, I did want to tell you this story... I had your blog up yesterday, and Dylan came in laughing. "What is this song? It's funny!... I just want to be ok! Be ok! Be ok!" He made me play it 10 times, then we would both sing it all day long at random times and laugh. We are delirious from the heat I'm thinking.

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Man it sounds hot there! But your holiday sounds like it was great! And a break from baseball?? Amen!

beemahoney said...

Hey you! missed you! so nuts here with said baseball ...no break in sight, well, for at least a month anyway...catch up soon! glad for your getawayfromtowncrazyweekend...notice I didn't call it a vacation? maybe doomy of me...but, you know, and that you left the state to hang with Theresa part is always VERY good! I am certain you had fun.

Nicola said...

Mini vacations can be such rejuvenation. Or not.
You look so cute!
Nicola