Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas 2011 Part 1: Getting Ready

Happy post-Christmas glow basking, friends and family! I have fallen so far behind on this blogging business (... a problem I intend to remedy with my New Year's Resolutions, at least for the month that I keep my New Year's Resolutions. Perhaps they should be called January Resolutions? I digress.) that I am breaking up Christmas doings into several posts or I shall be sitting at this computer all morning basking in ITS glow rather than showering, enjoying my lovely family, and putting some food in my cupboards. So let's back up....

The week before Christmas brought Mike's sister up from Florida to stay for a few days and kept my kids in school until the 23rd, a blessing and a curse one in the same. That Friday they got to wear pajamas to school and have parties in the afternoons and, well, God bless their teachers. Before that Friday, there were busy evenings of looking at Christmas lights and baking cookies with Daddy... always a favorite.


Look, he's smiling!!!



Waiting patiently or getting sleepy?


No, she is not a thug, nor is my house THAT cold. She's from the south, remember?


Gigi, did not join in eating the cookies... this time... although she has recently been cookie snatching in her spare time. See how she's eyeballing me? Perhaps wondering when we will leave the plate of treats alone on the table already?


After all that patience, the decorating DID get a little out of hand.




And COMPLETELY wore our guest out. (To be fair, she had only had a few hours of sleep the night before...)


And, after the cooking, there was Mama sewing. But that's another post altogether.


2 comments:

Jen said...

Ha! This made me laugh, and think of my godfather, Jack, who lived in Florida. When I would go visit, and we would go to a restaurant, he would always bring a sweater because he would be freezing in the air conditioning! He would never come to Pittsburgh in December! She was quite brave, but at least it wasn't as cold as it sometimes is in December.
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Haha! I so prefer the other side of the camera and I think it prefers me! You got me good! Thanks for sharing Christmas with me. I loved hanging out with you all! Playing dolls and restaurant was real special with Ellerie while the boys were at school! :) One of these days we'll get you guys all down to Florida...and I too will bring my sweater into the air conditioning! LOL! Love you! Thanks again! - Laurie